Building MVP may be tough for entrepreneurs who just started their startups with small investments. This post is for people who looking for tools and services [cloud services] to build their MVP phase at less cost and sometimes "zero cost"
2. Documentation - Use google Docs for preparing BRD document or wiki pages inside GitLab / GitHub/ Bitbucket. For API documentation use wiki pages itself or API documentation tools like swagger ( instance inside Heroku or other free services)
* Backend services will scale up and down based on your traffic and you only need to pay based on your traffic.
* Scaling/sysadmin and management pains can be removed from our side and cloud providers will take care of these.
* Since we only paying for traffic we generated, sometimes we can build MVPs using zero cost ( most of the services have the flexibility of only pay after your basic usage, like after 1 million requests).
* use DynamDB as NoSQL server
* Aurora serverless as relational Database
* SNS / SQS for asynchronous tasks
* Lambda functions for API backend services
* Cloudfront as CDN
* S3 as the storage service
Google cloud: use firebase as your main BaaS service. Where
* Use Firestore as Main Database
* Firebase is an amazing tool to develop real-time apps
* You only need to pay for your usage
* Use cloud functions for managing API services
* Firebase auth for authentication
* To run stateless dockerized services run inside google cloud run
* At the same time firebase has limitation for search functionalities place an algolia / elastic search engine for those functionalities.
* For running asynchronous process either use firebase events/task queues.
Most of the cloud providers offer similar services and for some services, you only need to pay for usage and that is also after a threshold usage like 1 million requests per month free. For initial signup, Google/ Azure/ and AWS will also give us some credits on initial signup and make use of it. This will cover most of the development cost as well